BT is one of the world's leading communications services companies.
They serve the needs of customers in the UK and in 180 countries worldwide. Their main activities are the provision of fixed-line services, broadband, mobile and TV products and services as well as networked IT services.
Their purpose is as simple as it is ambitious: they connect for good
- They're the largest provider of consumer fixed-line voice and broadband services in the UK.
- With EE as part of BT Group, they're the UK's largest mobile network operator.
- They're one of the leading Sport Pay TV broadcasters in the UK.
- They serve global multinational organisations with their security, cloud and networking services.
- They're aiming to extend their FTTP footprint to reach 20 million premises by the mid to late 2020s.
- They are committed to improving every aspect of the customer experience.
Working in partnership
BT's regional teams across the UK, including their offices in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, are uniquely positioned to work in partnership across the whole of the company, leading BT people to design solutions to meet the challenges and issues of their regions and local areas. The strength of these teams is that they are all based locally and live, play, work and do business in their regional communities which enables them to truly understand what makes those communities tick, and know the issues which affect them.
With some 290,000 people employed directly and indirectly by BT in the UK, the company makes a substantial contribution to the national economy. This figure includes BT’s direct workforce and those jobs supported along the supply chain through procurement and staff expenditure in local economies. Indeed, BT activities support around 1 per cent of all employment in the UK, a considerable contribution for a single company. As well as direct employment and investment, BT provides significant support to business organisations, local community organisations, sports and the arts both through direct funding and the provision of in-kind contribution.P
Purpose & Strategy
Their three-pillar strategy is how they’ll realise their ambition, growing value for all stakeholders
- Build the strongest foundations
- Create standout customer experiences
- Lead the way to a bright, sustainable future