Fully Cloud Based Education ICT Solution
Wootton-by-Woodstock Primary School is based in the picturesque village of Wootton near Woodstock in West Oxfordshire. The School offers a comprehensive and well-rounded education to around 70 pupils.
The school initially contacted Atmos Technology interested in purchasing laptops for their staff. However, after an initial discussion it was apparent that refocusing the investment the school was about to make on Laptops to its infrastructure would provide better overall results. The school had been experiencing inoperability issues between their on premise and hosted IT platforms. Staff were finding it difficult to upload and download documents, and the school was having to manage slow logon times and file access speeds as well as poor reliability. PCs and Laptops did not have consistent operating systems, running either Windows 7 or XP. In addition, multiple versions of user software were deployed, including Office Suite 2010, 2007 and 2003.
|70 – ages 4 - 11
|Reception to Year 6 (Key Stages 1 & 2)
|Wootton, Woodstock, Oxfordshire
When designing the solution for Wootton By Woodstock our team took careful consideration to make sure that the new system improved IT availability, user access speeds, calibration and functionality. Previous investments in ICT were redeployed and integrating perfectly into a modern Microsoft Office365 standards-based Cloud Architecture.
Below are some of the things we have provided to help the school:
- Professional Design, Implementation and Support Services.
- Repurposing of Desktops, Laptops, iPads, Printers and Smartboards.
- Upgrade to Microsoft Windows 10 for Education.
- Microsoft Licencing including Office365 Pro Plus Staff and Student.
- Microsoft Intune for User, Device and Application management.
- Microsoft 365 and Azure Active Directory setup and migration.
- Microsoft SharePoint for Teamworking, Collaboration and Storage.
- Upgrade to the Schools Broadband & Filtering, whilst lowering cost.
- Improvements to user and data security to meet GDPR compliance.
- Cloud Telephony to lower telephony costs and improve functionality.
- IT Remote Support Service for users, hardware and software.
- New classroom interactive LCD touchscreens and training.
From a simple request to quote for some new laptops, Atmos were extremely pro-active and gave us some much-needed IT advice and support. They have changed the way we work to make us more efficient and integrated, we liked the approach that the team at Atmos took and they clearly understand the needs of a school. We feel confident in our IT systems now and how to make them work for us and in the process, we have found an IT partner that we can work with in an ever-changing IT and educational environment.
Maria Withey – School Business Manager